Monday, November 30

His optimism & spirit

Life as I have Known it Has Been Finger Lickin' Good, is the title of this book.
Colonel Sanders didn't write in any poetic or graceful way. He wrote plainly and honestly.
What I got most from his book is his attitude, love it!
He failed time and time again, got up and brushed himself off. No big worries for him. He took things in stride.
I can't remember exactly, but he wrote something like this, "Failure has always been an opportunity for me. It's given me the chances to get involved in something else." That's my favorite quote in his book.
I love KFC. I the man who founded it...I don't go crazy with the fried chicken but I enjoy it so much. My favorite.
I found the book very inspirational.
He wasn't big on words, but he wrote this with his heart and that's even better.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You take request? As in I ask you to write about something and you write about it?
Hmmm, I'm going to have to think about this for a few hours, and come back with a request. I am a narcassitic asshole, so I could make you write about me. LOL. Or I could ask you the most soul searching questions. I can't wait.

the guy in the silk taffeta dress said...

Anna,
Sure thing!
You can ask me anything.
Something about you. I get the feeling you have a fantastic sense of humor, because I can never write serious with you. I'm always giggling..why is that?
j.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Hey, thanks for the follow on my blog. How could I not check out the blog of someone with a catchy name like yours? I love it!

Pork Chop is adorable, by the way. Bulldogs are my favorite breed. My grandfather had many of them. They are stubborn and this bitch digs that. I'm stubborn myself.

I wouldn't have left you for wearing the dress--free to be you and me, man. Rosie Greer taught my ass that years ago. In this life, you've got to express yourself.

I haven't read the Colonel's book, but I did LOVE his chicken. Some friends of mine were on a plane with him once, and after the flight landed, the good old Colonel got off the plane and pissed right on the runway. If a bitch has gotta go, a bitch has gotta go. Laugh.

Much love and thanks again for the follow,

SB

Anonymous said...

It looks as though you've joined our little blogging clique. Sarcastic Bastared, Gledwood, Me, and now you.
Is it strange that I think of us as a clique? I really enjoy reading these blogs, but normally I don't comment. For some reason I feel compelled to comment on your blog. Its strange!!

I thought of what I want you to blog about...your childhood. Were you popular, did you get beat by your pops, what years did you go to high school in? Were there any drugs, sex or rock and roll? You get the idea.
Anna Grace

the guy in the silk taffeta dress said...

Hi Sarcastic Bitch. I can call you that right? I mean with no disrespect intended?
Did the Colonel do that?!Wow, he sure had spunk!!!
Thanks, Pork Chop will get a swell head when I tell him,lol.

Hey you!
Anna,I'm gonna bore your wits out with this...but you DID ask.....lol.
j.