Wednesday, March 30

feeling the pains of my labor

I want to be wide awake, usually, in the summer. I get happiness at the beach, for some reason, I can just walk miles for hours, almost endlessly, it seems.
Someone told me it's the iodine in the salty air that gives people a lift.
It's such a pain going to out of town doctors. I hate sitting in the chair explaining & convincing docs that "yes ! I need them"
HIPPA law, this "confidentiality law" guards personal medical records from being disclosed. Under this law, the patient must sign a consent form if he permits his records released to another treating physician.
Yet, if one has a history of an overdose, even an accidental one, this information is readily obtainable without the patient's consent. No signature needed from the patient. For this reason, I have to travel way out and see doctors.
I feel as though I am doing something criminal & deceptive.
I understand a doc's not wanting responsibility if a patient is suspect ,but everyone knows you can take anything if you really want to leave the planet.
Circumstances CAN change. Attitudes change,outlook & feelings change. One's life can change from agonizing to fulfilling.
When I was given a script of Xanax 6 mg per day, one doc reprimanded me at my next visit for "taking advantage" of her trust, because I didn't mention the accidental od.
Shouldn't I have been the one feeling mistrust ? (my records released without my knowledge)
I'm very tired of the ordeal.

4 comments:

Danny said...

man, i'm the opposite to you - i hate the bright, warm summer months enhancing everything and leaving you by effect enhanced too, under others' scrutiny so to speak. stay indoors at summertime, and there i stay till wintertime - when i wander out of doors again, when the days go dark round 4pm.

mainstream medicine is a con trick, man. its in their best interest to keep you sick, or potentially sick in the body and/or mind. how else they gonna push (read: sell) their drugs at ya?!

the guy in the silk taffeta dress said...

Hi Danny & thank you,
You know I think you're right about the docs keeping us sick for their business.
You are giving me good advice.
If I could sleep naturally(w/o meds), I'd taper myself to nothing.
Honest, but I've always had to depend on something to put me to sleep.

Adorabibble said...

I am with you. I can't sleep with out medication. check your email I sent you something!

the guy in the silk taffeta dress said...

Thanks Bibs,
I got your email and it made me feel better.
I've had sleep trouble since I can't remember.
j.