Friday, January 7

like Michael Caine

Remember the movie "Alfie" with Michael Caine?
He gets the girls, a good variety of girls too. I liked Mary Asher, who played the hitchhiker. I loved Shelly Winters in the film too, so buxom & with very relaxed morals.
Well, the end is kind of sad, he spots his infant and former girlfriend with her husband coming out of church after the child's christening. He returns to Shelly, but she has replaced him with a younger guy.
Anyway... I thought this guy was pretty interesting in the clip below.He was wearing such a unique outfit, I had to film him.
It features kimono like sleeves, a loud print skirt, satin sash and a tie. His headdress is what stands out most, but it's not an outfit I would wear myself. I have a tendency not to mix accessories. I think I dress very plain at least compared to this guy whose look I find interesting,funky and tacky.
All types of people make a world complete.

3 comments:

Tatyanna (and Dorian too) said...

ok, sorry if i should know this already because it's probably, like, emblazoned all over every other post you write or something, but perhaps you'll have mercy on the new reader that i am and allow a dumb question or ten ... where do you live??? (i mean, you don't need to post your address or even your specific town/city... just wondering what general vicinity)... I ask, because this is the type of unique and interesting person/place/scene that i am always dying to capture in a photo or video or at least MEMORY, but honey, that sh*t just doesn't go on here. nope.

needless to say, i am LOVING this post and all that you said and left UNsaid about diversity!

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Loved the video. Dude is cool. Dig the outfit.

the guy in the silk taffeta dress said...

Hi Tatyanna & Dorian,
I'm in New Have, but this video I took in NYC.
I'm glad you're loving this little clip, a little slice of Americana.
Thanks j.

SB,
Those are my thoughts exactly.
j.