Wednesday, January 26

Broken Windows

After my 2nd discharge from the hospital(I was re-admitted for being unable to sleep)
I had complained of insomnia during admission to the nurses, who failed to inform the docs.
So the 2nd admission, I got another MRI of the brain(doc noted it to be "acutely normal")I got another EEG, the electrodes are "glued" to the scalp with some gooey white stuff.
I suspect these tests weren't that necessary, my only complaint, after all was insomnia.I was kept overnight and since I had a record of over doing it, denied me tranquilizers in favor of Seroquel.
After discharge, I began thinking my neighborhood was getting much worse.
Twice in a week, my windows were getting smashed. The first time, it was a window at the top of my long stairway. Not just the regular window, but also the storm window was smashed.
The next morning I was struck with alarm noticing the damage.
I called the landlord and since it was summer, he said it would be fixed before the week was over.
I wondered who & why anyone would be smashing my window. Then a few days later another window was broken, again close to my staircase. Another call to the landlord..so the guy who's to fix it, comes inside, I show him the windows and he tells me I'm the one breaking them! All the broken glass was outside, none inside on the floor.
Now how is that possible? My ex came to stay with me and she verified that indeed, I was the culprit.
I was taking Seroquel nightly, as prescribed. It knocked me out so completely, I "barely" made my way to bed.
Climbing stairs after dinner every night was a desperate subconscious effort to get into bed, one that I had no recollection of upon awakening.
I was not warned of the drug being so incapacitating, or of the diabetes it caused me.
Within a year after stopping it on my own, my blood sugar came down to normal.
I got back on my Xanax and have never slumbered against walls & windows since.

4 comments:

Sarcastic Bastard said...

I've heard Ambien can make you do weird shit like that, too.

Love you!

SB

the guy in the silk taffeta dress said...

SB,
That's enough to keep me from taking it. I like being in control of myself.
Love you too:)
j.

Tatyanna (and Dorian too) said...

doesn't "acutely normal" seem a bit ... redundant or oxymoronic? although when i had that test, they told me it was "abnormal, but nothing to do with these migraines." oh. that's ...good...?

the guy in the silk taffeta dress said...

Hi Tatyanna,
Right! If it was "acutely normal" what was I doing there in the first place,lol.
Hope you & Dorian are doing great :)
j.