Tuesday, December 14

Girls and other riddles

I got an email from my ex, Jane.
It was a poem.
Too sentimental coming from a girl who could not tolerate my wearing dresses. My closet has both guy clothes and dresses. I keep the dresses on one side and suits and pants on the other.
I don't see her as pining away for me.
Here are a few verses from the poem she sent,
"You and I, close as twins in the womb,
and our love, a rosebud never to bloom."
Why are we like twins in a womb?? Maybe because we both liked pretty dresses.(that's not enough to feel separated at birth)
"Awakening under the moon's cold gleam,
I had been with you again in a dream" Okay, that really says "DRUNK" to me.
"A few moments took me to lost years ago,
and I know my darling, I still love you so." ...Lost years, interesting as she was the one who told me to get lost.
"Fading fire flies in our hands to see,
would awaken and shine as we set them free." Now I'm thinking hallucinogenics, maybe.
"Would it be this way for you and me,
or would our souls die in liberty?" She's depressed.
I'm wondering how to respond and if it's me she's really sending these feelings to.
Heck, by the weekend, she'll probably have forgotten the whole thing.
I was just pretty surprised to read words like this coming from her.
Relationships, they're so difficult.
I know I have a habit of taking words apart. I'm very curious, by nature and I examine all kinds of things.
I like the poem and yet I feel it wasn't truly intended for me alone.
Thank you, Laura for your email and kind words, but no, I didn't grow up in CT.I was at the concert but just happened to be there then. Though I did move to CT a few years ago. Thanks again for writing.
A child, therefore...

5 comments:

Gledwood said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarcastic Bastard said...

That says drunk to me, made me laugh.

I think this time of year is just trying all the way around, don't you? The weirdest shit happens this time of year.

Love,

SB

the guy in the silk taffeta dress said...

Gleds,
She kind of freaks me out. She always has, but it's a long,boring story and a future post.
Honestly, I'm curious, but on the other hand somethings are best kept unknown,ya know?
j.

Sarcastic, you wrote a handful there. Yes, it's weird, not just for me, but knowing experiences of friends & family, I agree it is a strange time of year.

cozzie laura said...

oh well, it was worth a shot. I'll still blog stalk you though, since I like your thought processes. Here on the "island of misfit toys" boys in dresses fit right in!

the guy in the silk taffeta dress said...

Hi Laura,
That sounds like a great place.
j.