Tuesday, December 28

a thing for dresses

Gledwood requested I write about the beginnings of my cross dressing.
As a child, I remember my granny's coat. It had a sheared beaver collar... really soft. I used to reach up and touch the collar and pet it every day before school.
This grew into habitually touching, feeling & petting ladies garments.
She had very beautiful dresses back then, her silks and velvets.Soft cloths. Growing up, she gave my sister a beautiful bottle green velvet robe with crystal buttons which I was a little envious of. Of course, granny didn't think of giving it to me.
At the beach, I used to grab green seaweed from the water and put it on my legs. It reminded me of ladies hose and seeing it semi-transparent against my legs gave me a shiver of happy excitement. I didn't think it was strange, I thought it was wonderful!
More exciting than this was my Ma's lingerie. I loved the transparency of the cloth. I loved holding it against my wrist and seeing that almost nude look. My mother realized I was spending too much time in her closet and finally scolded me for it.
I understood then, that there was something wrong in my wanting to feel and fantasize about ladies clothes. Yeah, it was a bad day.
I continued spending time in Ma's closet, everytime I was alone in the house. It was something I could not resist doing, my own private time, my major indulgence.
When I was about 16, I began trying Ma's things on. It was a sensual pleasure for me, with some sexual notes.
Sooner or later, everyone gets caught in the act of something or other. I never expected it, as I was quite careful and cautious. My sister caught me in the bathroom, as I was in the mirror completely captivated by my reflection in a lovely silk dress with a transparent upper bodice and sleeves. I was exposed! My sister held her hand to her mouth, her expression was terror & shock. She ran out, I followed.
She really wanted to tell my parents cause we'd been quarreling a lot during that time. I was morbidly afraid of her relaying this experience to my parents, particularly my dad.With the dress safely back in the closet, I promised her Anything not to go blabbing to them. She questioned me brutally, I answered honestly. She showed a lot of disappointment, like I wasn't her brother anymore, like a freak had taken over me and she cried.
I think I repaid her trust, loyalty and help. Wearing dresses wasn't lethal, but her heroin addiction was. I found her many a time seemingly critically over-dosed, got her in the car & walked her around & around in commuter parking lots till responsive. Over the years, she let me try on & even borrow her clothes all the while keeping it a secret. She didn't understand me, but she did accept me.
It wasn't until I was living independently that I could fulfill my desire of wearing & having dresses in my closet. And much later still, when I'd wear them in public with legal concerns. I don't mind sneering, but I don't want to get beaten up over it.I find pleasure & excitement in dresses and some sexual arousal (this part turns women off but I don't require dressing for arousal or sexual functioning)
If I could undo my fixation I readily would, but I cannot. I find myself feeling unhappy and deprived if I don't indulge myself. I'm not a woman inside a man's body.I'm a man who lusts in lady's dresses.

8 comments:

Danny said...

ahh...J it brings me back. like Proust and that cookie or whatever it was. i too remember my mother's big epic fur coat. i remember brushing the back of my hand over it, from neck to hem. it was the softest thing i ever felt.

that was such a sensual post, and i'm glad you're da didn't find you out!

cozzie laura said...

My grandmother had a persian lamb coat. How I coveted that thing!

D's right, it is a sensual post, and, frankly, I don't find it weird at all. Then again, most of my friends fly the freak flag pretty proudly.

I'd like to see some photos of your prettiest dresses. The way you describe fabric and cloth, I'm certain they're divine!

the guy in the silk taffeta dress said...

Danny,
Thanks for being so you!

Laura,
Thanks for understanding. You guys are the best.

Happy New year to you !
j.

Anonymous said...

Really Cool Post´s!
I love the way you write and you blog-title :))
i follow you now and it would be great, if you visit mine!

nice greets!

the guy in the silk taffeta dress said...

Hi Nimue,
Thanks for the nice things you said. Of course I'll visit your blog, a pleasure!
j.

Anonymous said...

Hi J,
Thank you for your nice comments!Fortunately nobody mixed my med´s, I´m only happy, that somebody follows my blog! but so you may feel when you´re on drugs :)
The material is from IKEA but the little man was embroidered by me.
Haha, of course my jacket would suit you too, probable even better!
And Yes I really adore Peacock feathers.
Greets and a very good new year!
Nimue

the guy in the silk taffeta dress said...

And a wonderful New Year to you.
You're very sweet.
j.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

I love you for your honesty. I don't get the dress thing, but I'm sure I have things that turn me on that many others would find strange, so who the hell am I to judge?

My attitude is: I'm a freak, you're a freak. Who gives a shit?

Love you!